The Mason Contractors’ Association (MCA) is the oldest and largest construction association exclusively serving the mason contracting industry and its affiliated suppliers and service providers throughout Michigan. Established in Detroit in 1908, the MCA brings together a wide-range of collective interests centered on improving the mason contracting profession by promoting quality performance and integrity in all aspects of our businesses. Our contractor members build commercial, industrial, retail, warehousing, educational, health-care facilities and other top quality masonry structures.
The MCA is a Union supporting organization with collective bargaining agreements with Bricklayers Local #2 and Laborers (Mason Tenders) Local #1191 and #1076. Owners and Users who select MCA mason contractor members and suppliers can count on the highest quality structures possible. When quality counts, you can count on an MCA Contractor!
2019 MCA Board Officers
(PHOTO CAPTION: Seated (L to R): Treasurer, Kevin Ryan, Masonry Developers, Inc.; President, Brad Leidal, Leidal & Hart Mason Contractors; Secretary, Rich Akins, Akins Construction Standing (L to R): Director, Tom Nowak, R.C. Nowak & Company;
Director, Steve Dudek, Navetta Mason Contractors, Inc.; Director, Tom Baker, Baker Construction. Not Pictured: Vice President, Ed Davenport, Davenport Masonry )
Brad Leidal President
Ed Davenport Vice President
Steve Dudek Secretary
Kevin Ryan Treasurer
2019 Board of Directors
Masonry Developers, Inc.
321 S Main Street Ste. 201
Rochester, MI 48307
(248) 608-0203 Office
(248) 608-0206 Fax
Navetta Mason Contractors, Inc.
12264 Emerson Drive
Brighton, MI 48116
(248) 486-6258 Office
(248) 486-9165 Fax
R.C. Nowak & Company
5848 Hubbard Street
Garden City, MI 48135
(734) 425-0770 Office
(734) 425-4289 Fax
Statement and Purpose
- To promote and encourage greater cooperation between employers and employees, by aiding and encouraging more friendly relationships between the members of this organization, our employees and their organizations, undertaking to bring into this industry the humane feeling between employers and employees that should properly exist.
- To promote the general welfare of its members, by the collection and distribution of reliable and useful information to its members, thus affording and providing means for the intelligent consideration and action in matters pertaining to our industry, and to provide the best and most satisfactory methods for the handling, of the execution of building contracts, to the end that our industry is surrounded with proper safeguards for the protection of life, limb and property.
- To promote, encourage and advocate needed and helpful legislation for our industry, for the general good of all.
- To promote and encourage efficiency in the art of masonry construction, and to generally encourage and aid in the education of apprentices in our industry, and to generally encourage the movement to build with brick and other masonry products.
- To promote and encourage the principles of justice and equity in all dealings between the employers and the employees. co-employer and co-employees, architects, engineers, material dealers and the general public.
- To counsel, advise, encourage and secure honorable dealings in the performance and execution of contracts with each other, with our employees, with members of other trades, and with those engaged in the erection and construction of buildings.